This is the original pattern.
I got asked to knit something for a raffle at work. Wanting to ensure I could get it together on time (deadline end of July) I thought I would play it safe as go for a scarf.
I’m knitting it out of some gorgeus yarn that I found for 50p a ball (I came home with 4 balls) in a charity shop. Punch – brushed chunky. It’s not a brand I’ve used before. But its such a pleasure to knit with.
I’m currently trying to work out what to knit with the rest of the yarn. I’m thinking I might need a scarf for myself! Anyhow, let’s get this finished ASAP.
Love to you all and happy knitting
So I was pleased as punch when I found this pattern in a Julia’s house charity shop about a month ago – a complete bargin at 50p! I’ve had a huge ball of this lovely white aran yarn in my stash for years with no idea what to do with it. So this also became a stash project to – so total win on this one!
It was a really nice knit – and I also learnt the LT stitch which cause a really cool twist that runs up the hat. The only problem was the decrease at the end which involved knitting in pattern. Had to get some help from the lovely ladies in the knitting circle!
The pom pom was my first make with the maker I brought from the knitting and stitching show (see the multipom frame in the picture below). It was by far the fastest pom pom I have ever made. The concept of a scrap yarn pompom rug for Lilly’s room is looking more likely (but definitely not until after we stop eating things!) as I don’ think it will take a horrendous amount of time to make the required pom poms.
So the hat is about size 6-9 months (Lily has a large head). Although it does fit Lily, this one is going to be donated. The next project out of this yarn will be the matching cardigon. I love the cross over front – the other patterns I picked up on the day had a similar design.
That’s all for the minute. Will try and find some time to update you on my current wips! I have been knitting and attempting the crochet…
Love to you all and happy knitting
My knitting speed has definately increased. This is good news in light of my limited knitting time these days.
So this was knitted with my favourite curcular needles – addi premium. Such a pleasure to knit with!
Luckily I finished knitting on a day with some glourious evening sunshine!
I’m so pleased with how this turned out. Really love the image and the mix of colours within it. I have used up some yarn balls… but not was many as I thought I would. So need to look and some other smaller projects for that…
What I really learnt with this project was colour changing. It wasn’t something I’d really done before. Initially I was just cutting off the ends with the intention of sewing in later.
Then as I went on I figured out that winding the yarn was much tidier and saved a lot of time. Will definately use this method on furture projects!
The final side of this was 1m x 1m plus a 5cm border on both ends.
On a side note the border matches my nail polish…
I had originally hoped that a 4×4 ribbed border would have prevented the end curling. I think sticking with the same needles with the slightly thinner dk mucked up tension and so it curled anyway.
But it still looks shiny 🙂
This blanket will be a christmas present for Lily. She’ll have grown into it by then!
Now time for a crochet project 🙂 Already planned with yarn in the bag and pattern downloaded. So watch this space!
Love to you all and happy yarning!
Mrskirstyholl (and Lily)