So this project started off life as a planned set of curtains for a cupboard. Change of plan for the cupboard so we no longer need them. Thankfully I was in the perfect place to pause and alter the pattern when this decision was made.
This is the new plan.
I made use of the bank holiday Monday and set up the dining room table as my work space. Thank God for extension leads!!
All prepped and ready for some serious sewing. The sun was streaming in through the window and it was warm enough to have the back door open. So that makes a change for a bank holiday Monday!
The first task was to find a bit of fabric for the central panel. I was going to leave this until last as I wasn’t sure if anything in my stash was going to suit it.
Fortunately my amazing aunty-in-law came to the rescue with new additions to the stash about a month ago so I ended up with 2 seperate options.
After a quick check with my husband (I really couldn’t make my mind up!), we went with option 2.
My wrist adapted pincushion was seriously useful with this one. Way too much fabric to attempt to have to reach for a pin cushion!
After finally getting the fabric cut to the right size I eventually get it sewn in.
Managed to get the new piece all sewn in and managed to get a few new square sewn in too. So some definate progress today. Going to leave the machine downstairs and hope to make some more progress this week.
Then next month I can buy the stuffing and the backing for the quilt. Nothing can stop me now!
We spent the remainder of the evening in the backgarden with our new firepit. This fire habit could start to get expensive, but we’re starting to get the hang of it! Unfortunately, I had to make the call that knitting and sitting by a firepit would not mix 😦 so no extra knitting time for me 😦
So cheers to you all! Hope you all had a marvelous weekend 🙂 (that is a very non-alcoholic shloer in the glass with bubbles to make myself feel a little better for having no wine).
Baby brain signing off