I have some very exciting news! The Pink Jumper is very much finished.
Although that wasn’t the case on Sunday…. My arm sleeves were very uneven…. After measuring I realised that the right arm was a entire 11 inches longer than the left. Apparently I got a little carried away with the knitting….
You may also notice that it is entirely missing a hood. This was due to me following the instructions of ‘sew the jumper together’ without a diagram. The sleeves got sewn on a bit wrong and there was not space at the top with which to attach the hood. After realising, I couldn’t unpick it as I couldn’t be sure what I was cutting…..
Another thing I had to worry about was shortening my very uneven sleeves. It was my granddad that suggested shortening from the bottom of the knitting. I didn’t think this was possible.
But, intrigued, I took to Google and I found this life-saver of a tutorial. It was a really easy tutorial to follow.
So, armed with my now shortened sleeve, I sewed up the trial bits of wool and I have myself an unpolished – but finished – jumper.
It’s massively oversized and actually really comfy. It is not perfect, but it’s my first project with sleeves and it has not been a complete disaster. So I’m rather pleased with myself 🙂
Now onto my next WIP 🙂