The Diary of Amelia.
17th January 2015
So…. This is a bit weird. I am pretty sure that the last time I kept any sort of diary or journal I was in my early teens. My sister gave this to me as a late Christmas present (along with a beautiful fountain pen which I have been desperate to use ever since opening the small beautifully wrapped package).
So here I am, feeling like I’m talking to myself in my head, but on paper. So I will now have a documented record of my inner monologue.
Some information about me:
My name is Amelia. I wish I was taller (my sister is and I am honestly insanely jealous of this).
I love the spaghetti bolognaise that my husband cooks on very rare occasions. The only time I eat seafood is if I’m in a posh restaurant with fresh fish.
I’m currently feeling a little like my teenage self and not sure how I feel about that.
So rather than scribbling random notes in this thing (Mark is seriously just looking weirdly right now!) I really should be knitting. I was sent through a pattern for the most beautiful blue striped aran yarn jumper last week – the actually want to me to review it!!! I feel really excited about the whole prospect. But a little nervous about it as it’s a child’s sized one and I don’t have anyone to wear it.
On the subject of Mark, he is my gorgeously handsome husband and he is sitting on the other side of the sofa (his legs are a great foot rest). The fire is going in the grate and I literally feel like if someone told me this was heaven I would not argue with them.
This is my first diary and it’s the beginning of the year. So I should, really, write down all of those resolutions that I have to really try and keep to this year. Getting to the end of last year and finding I had not actually achieved anything of any note was seriously depressing.
- Must start actually do some sort of exercise. The internet is advising me that knitting does not actually count as proper exercise. Not good.
- Start knitting more test patterns. I really love the concept of this. It gives me a chance to push myself in my knitting ability and I get to have a go at some really cool patterns.
- Decorate the house. We have not actually really decorated since we moved in. It is all creams and magnolias. NOT ENOUGH GLITTER!!
- Write more blog content. Currently, I am only posting about once a week. It would be great to be able to get some more content up there. Writing keeps my brain actually alive.
- Have a baby. We’ve been trying for so long to get pregnant. The doctor doesn’t seem to think anything is actually wrong with me. But…. I don’t understand how I can want something so badly when some people only need the once… I’ve done everything else right. Don’t I deserve it?
Anyway, I should really get on with casting on those stitches… Wish me luck!