So after the downpour this week (and my in-laws being away), we haven’t made a huge amount of progress. But now they are back and the progress pace has started to resume back to the original.
Wednesday & Thursday Night – We got the coving down.
Apparently you can get horrible polystyrene coving which had been installed in random length pieces. We plan on having the ceiling plastered, feature wall papered and the rest repainted. Because of some strange wiring, we shall be having to put the coving back up (although some nicer coving). But it will mean we won’t have to worry to much about cutting in between the wall and the ceiling.
Dan (my husband), got it down and I had to hover the horrible stuff up again. I’d just about got the lounge organised before we had to move everything for this. So chaos has resumed until I can find some time to organise it back again.
Friday Night – The underlay got put down for the carpet and I reglossed the skirting board and attempted to gloss around the door.
The carpet also arrived.
Once that was all done I went back over to my grandparents to pic up another load of stuff. I’m trying to just grab stuff as I need it as storage is pretty limited.
Today my lovely in-laws laid the carpet down for us. It is sooo fluffy!! In addition, we also managed to get some of the clothes that have been in and out of suitcases the last couple of weeks into the wardrobes we got of my husbands nan.
Then we went back to my grandparents to go and get the bed. We were doing really well. Got the bed down pretty quick and got the bed over.
It wasn’t until my husband was half way through putting the frame together that we realised 2 long screws that were essential for the frame had been left behind. Not fun.
It was all worth it through. For the first time we have slept in the room that is our actual bedroom. Which is really exciting.
All the decorating is done in here. Just got to sort out some last pieces of furniture and dress the room and it’s all done 🙂
Not really a lot to do in here now. But I’ve used the opportunity to put out the new lanterns I brought last week.
What do you think?
So it turns out the mould on the lounge ceiling has been caused by the overflow pipe leaking from the bath. Great. But at least now we know we can prevent any further damage.
The floor also got pulled up. We’re replacing it with some spare lino my parents kindly donated after having some spare from redoing their kitchen.
Although the find of the day was this bit of artwork on the bathroom floorboards.
The new bathroom light I got from work also went up. A great improvement on the boring round flush bathroom light that was up there before.
The lino has also made it down this afternoon. I didn’t get much involved in this as I disappeared to my grandparents for a few hours for coffee….
But (as you can see) the team at home did a splendid job with the bathroom! We’re just waiting for silicon around the loo, sink and bath to dry. Then we will be watertight… a good feature in the bathroom.
While I swaned about making coffee and bringing in washing, Dan got on with putting the new undersink and oversink cabinets together.
So everything is now up in the bathroom and it’s looking rather good 🙂