Another day – another task 🙂
Today’s assignment: follow five new topics in the Reader and five new blogs.
Why spend time reading other blogs?
- Publishing posts is only half of blogging — engaging with the community is the other.
- Considering what other bloggers write will inspire you and sharpen your thoughts.
Picking 5 news Topics: This could be fun.
- Crafts – I love trying new ideas – so hopefully I could find some fantastic inspiration from here. I’ll be re-blogging any awesome ideas here and then adding my attempts later.
- Exercise – With my new healthy-lifestyle mojo thing this will hopefully give me some fun ideas.
- Self-Improvement – This entire blog is about following me through my personal journey of self-improvement. So It would be great to get any sort of additional helpful hints and tips.
- Knitting – This is currently my ‘thing’. I’m actually learning how to follow patterns now (it’s like reading a new language!) so my ability to make actual things is much better. Looking forward to finding some awesome projects on here. I’ll be re-blogging any awesome ideas here and then adding my attempts later.
- Home Improvement – My husband and I are currently in the process of buying our first house. Which is super exciting, but I need to work out how to decorate this future home. So all ideas welcome!
Following 5 New Bloggers
- Minimalist Guy – In the self improvement theme. I already follow another minimalist type blog and I thought this would be a great chance to get another view on the subject.
- VivaLaVintage For your home – Wanting to get inspired for this potential future home – I think this blog could definitely helped.
- Pillowsalamode – This is a really cute craft blog with some really easy craft ideas. Definitely going to have a deeper nose through here later.
- Butterfly Mind – This seems to be a little on the strain of my blog. She’s also helping run the photography 101 course – so it will be cool to see how she interprets the challenges.
- Hitting the High Points – This is a completely new blog someone has started. So we shall see how the content goes 🙂 But we all know that when you start that followers and likers are what gets you motivated to continue. So I thought I would pass it on.
Day Three: Water & Orientation
After you snap your picture, rotate your camera and take a shot from the other orientation — horizontally if you first took the picture vertically, and vice versa. If you’re aiming for an establishing shot, what orientation works better? How does a vertical shot affect your scene? I opted for a horizontal shot above, as I wanted to capture more of the bay in the background.
For my jog today, my husband and I headed over to Poole Park lake. It’s a beautiful place we drive through on the way home. I have so many memories of spending time there as a child.
These pictures were taken on my Samsung 5.