About the writer
I’m a returning blogger. I took a hiatus about 3 years ago when my daughter was born. But I’ve got the need to record where I am now. I’m hoping to create a notebook record of my inspiration and final makes. I’m awful with keeping track of what WIPs I have in progress and with all this extra time, I’m picking up a LOT of new hobbies.
So what’s happened in the break?
- My husband, daughter and I moved again. We now have a larger garden. I’m currently about to start lanscaping it.
- The entire house needed redecorating to put our own stamp and a bit of updating. Over the last year we have been doing a LOT of painting.
- We had our first child on the 8th Jan 2017. Our daughter is called Lily Grace and usually doesn’t like sleeping for a chunk of a few hours in the middle of the night.
- Thankfully the monster is now sleeping normal hours. She is also obsessed with Disney, crafting, causing choas.
- I’ve finished and started lots of craft projects – I’ll update in posts.
- I’ve tried some new crafting disciplines – felting, crochet, rug kits.
- Editing my first novel is still in progress…. It’s going to need some dusting off
Why should you read this blog?
If you’re a lover of crafts and a crafting beginner – like me – you’ll get loads of inspiration for craft projects that you can have a go at. I’ll be posting all my successes and failures on here – because I’m still rather proud of them. I also love having a record that allows me to look back on how far I’ve come. This has been helpful in terms of being able to reference back to other projects.
I love reading and have to attempt to finish a huge pile of books filing up my bookshelf. Trying to find time between work and everything else is something I do find difficult though. Which is a shame. I’ve recently started cheating a bit using audible – I’ve been able to listen to the books while driving to work or knitting.
In addition to all of this, I also enjoy writing fiction – so I will be adding my short story fiction onto here as well. It would be great to get some feedback from you all.
- A STORY WHERE EACH SENTENCE BEGINS WITH A DIFFERENT LETTER OF THE ALPHABET
- WHAT A CHARACTER HOLDING A BLUE OBJECT IS THINKING RIGHT NOW
- A SENTIMENTAL ITEM
Look forward to speaking with all of you – don’t forget to hit the follow button!