About the writer
I started this blog nearly 2 years ago now and hit 100 followers on this blog last week. So much has changed since then. It’s been so exciting to share all of that with you and now seemed like the right time to refresh this page.
Since starting this blog I have achieved quite a bit – helped I think through the focus this blog has helped bring to my life.
So what’s happened?
- I’ve changed jobs last year, which I’m still enjoying. A great group of people and some fantastic opportunities.
- My husband and I have moved out of the house of some generous family members and into our own house. We’ve finally nearly finished decorating!
- We had our first child on the 8th Jan 2017. Our daughter is called Lily Grace and usually doesn’t like sleeping for a chunk of a few hours in the middle of the night.
- I’ve finished and started lots of craft projects – Scarves, a Jumper, a hat, a blanket and lots of those squares!
- My knitting had definitely improves and I’ve been able to attempt more technical patterns and progress past scarves J
- Editing my first novel is still in progress…. Which is slightly embarrassing. But it is slowly making progress, although not helped by the constant fog of baby brain!
Why should you read this blog?
If you’re a lover of crafts and a crafting beginner – like me – you’ll get loads of inspiration for craft projects that you can have a go at. I’ll be posting all my successes and failures on here – because I’m still rather proud of them. I also love having a record that allows me to look back on how far I’ve come. This has been helpful in terms of being able to reference back to other projects.
If you’re a parent/grandparent. I will also be blogging a bit on my experience as a mum in a cry out for support and in the hope someone might find it helpful.
Posts that you should check out:
- Update part 2: Playing with the Micro:bit
- Great British Bake Off
- Square 63 – double moss stitch
- Pregnancy update 20 weeks: Scan and Nursery Artwork
- F.O. – Camo Knitted Blanket
- A Wedding + A Zoo = Photography Practice
- F.O. – A rather large pair of booties
- F.O. – A Pink Jumper with Very Long Arms
I love reading and have to attempt to finish a huge pile of books filing up my bookshelf. Trying to find time between work and everything else is something I do find difficult though. Which is a shame. I’ve recently started cheating a bit using audible – I’ve been able to listen to the books while driving to work or knitting. It’s been great as I’ve also discovered the author Lee Childs and the Jack Reacher series (completely obsessed!).
In addition to all of this, I also enjoy writing fiction – so I will be adding my short story fiction onto here as well. It would be great to get some feedback from you all 🙂
- A STORY WHERE EACH SENTENCE BEGINS WITH A DIFFERENT LETTER OF THE ALPHABET
- WHAT A CHARACTER HOLDING A BLUE OBJECT IS THINKING RIGHT NOW
- A SENTIMENTAL ITEM
Look forward to speaking with all of you – don’t forget to hit the follow button!